From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What is up with the new "domainname" situation?
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:16:57
1 · Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy@×××××.net>:
2
3 > Alexander Skwar wrote:
4 >> Actually, I find it quite clear. The documentation states what needs to be
5 >> done and it states, what the commands return. It seems, that you've used
6 >> the wrong command.
9 > Following all instructions results in the console login prompt looking
10 > something like this:
11 >
12 > Linux version(hostname.unknown_domain)
13 >
14 > Which looks ludicrous ...
15
16 Yes. It kind of luck like, as if the admin hasn't properly configured
17 the system.
18
19 On my system, I've got in /etc/issue:
20
21 This is \n.\O (\s \m \r) \t
22
23 "man getty" will show what this does.
24
25 I get the impression, that there's not "not enough" documentation,
26 but maybe *too* *much*?
27
28 Alexander Skwar
29 --
30 I would gladly raise my voice in praise of women, only they won't let me
31 raise my voice.
32 -- Winkle
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list