From: Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Progress made, not done yet Re: All of a sudden, no apache2. No clue why.
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 17:05:39
1 >> AddHandler cgi-script cgi py
2 >>
3 > Thanks, Kyle, you've been getting me closer and closer.
4 > If I'm starting to "get" the new stuff, AddHandler declares certain
5 > extensions.  Up until last month, extensions were not required, and in fact
6 > my CGI programs have never had them.  It used to be enough to use
7 > ScriptAlias, and put an executable in the directory.  If it was a script
8 > with a shebang, or a compiled ELF program all was well.  If I were going to
9 > use extensions, it would be .py or possibly .python, not .cgi or .pl.
10
11 I totally meant to have it be py instead of pl, I guess pounding away
12 at perl all day yesterday warped my mind.
16 Kyle