From: Les Henderson <ljhender@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem updating ipod
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 19:59:37
1 Through a recent 'emerge -uDNv world' I updated my version of gtkpod to
2 app-pda/gtkpod-0.99.8 Ever since then I've not been able to update my ipod
3 any longer. When I start up gtkpod I get the following error message:
4
5 $ gtkpod
6
7 (gtkpod:32738): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
8 module_path: "clearlooks",
9
10 I use gnome-2.14.2.
11
12 Previously gtkpod would automatically mount and eject ipod device, but it no
13 longer is doing this, so I've been doing this manually.
14
15 After I mount the pod everything appears to proceed as normal until I try to
16 save the changes, when the program crashes and leaves the following error
17 messages:
18
19 (gtkpod:32738): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion
20 `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
21
22 (gtkpod:32738): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion
23 `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
24
25 ** ERROR **: file db-artwork-writer.c: line 357 (write_mhod_type_3):
26 assertion failed: (string != NULL)
27 aborting...
28 Aborted
29
30 I can see files on the ipod and the correct amount of space is used on the
31 pod. I have tried deleting the files on the ipod and starting over again,
32 but the same problems occur.
33
34 Any idea of how I can solve this problem and get things working again? I
35 appreciate help on this, thanks.
38 Les Henderson
39 ljhender@×××××.com