From: "Ignas Anikevičius" <anikevicius@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Please help, kernel can not load root
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 19:44:17
1 On 29 April 2012 19:21, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 04/29/2012 11:35 AM, Ignas Anikevičius wrote:
4 > > Hello,
5 > >
6 > > it's been several since I have tried to make my machine boot again
7 > > without any live CDs and I could not narrow the main issue down. The
8 > > problem is that the kernel can not mount the root partition.
9 >
10 > The error message is unknown block(2,0), which may mean that your
11 > kernel lacks a driver for your disk controller. IIRC the kernel
12 > config menu for block devices has changed. Maybe you need to
13 > set CONFIG_ATA or some other obscure item in your kernel config
14 > to make the correct driver visible?
17 OK, How to find out which controller I am using at the moment whilst using
18 a live CD? I have successfully chrooted into my system from a Mint Live CD,
19 so I should be able to inspect my system either using Mint utilities or the
20 Gentoo ones.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Ignas