From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vixie cron
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:57:59
1 On Tuesday 10 June 2008, Teng Wang wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Thank you very much. But how I can use @reboot? It
5 > might be good if I just run fetchmail once after rebooting.
6
7 I don't understand your question, the man page clearly tells you how to
8 use it:
9
10 Replace the first five columns in a crontab file with '@reboot' and cron
11 will run the command once when it starts up. So, do make sure that the
12 command actually runs - maybe you are making one of the many classic
13 cron errors and your script is faulty, not cron. Maybe you have an
14 older version of cron that doesn't support @reboot and are reading a
15 newer man page.
16
17 If this all checks out OK and it still doesn't work, then cron is not
18 behaving the way it's own documentation says it should, this is a bug
19 and should be reported to the cron developers
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list