From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ZFS
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 23:07:57
1 On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:20:53AM -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > > How about hardened? Does ZFS have any problems interacting with
3 > > grsecurity or a hardened profile?
4 >
5 > Has anyone tried hardened and ZFS together?
8 Hi,
9
10 I did - I had some problems, but I'm not sure if they were caused by the
11 combination of ZFS and hardened. There were some issues updating kernel and ZFS
12 (most likely due to ZFS on root and me using ~arch hardened-sources and the
13 live ebuild for zfs).
14 There are some hardened options that are known to be not working (constify was
15 one of them but that should be patched now). I think another one was HIDESYM.
16
17 There is a (more or less regularly updated blogpost by prometheanfire
18 (installation guide zfs+hardened+luks [1]).
19 So you could ask him or ryao (he seems to support hardened+zfs at least to
20 a certain degree).
21
22 WKR
23 Hinnerk