From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can we get users more involved in specific testing?
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 23:22:04
1 hasufell <hasufell <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > Our arch testers are understaffed and often don't really do general
5 > runtime tests (it's mostly assumed the maintainer knows about runtime
6 > issues).
7
8 > I have often had a hard time to get some random users comment on
9 > certain packages or even assist on some runtime tests. I don't even
10 > know how many people use the package I maintain.
13 When a new package is installed or upgraded, there are notes that the
14 installer is optioned (and notified upon installation) about the
15 package. Might it be a good idea to put your testing pleadings
16 in the notes for those how install the package (stable, testing,
17 experimental or overlay) about how to contact whoever related to
18 the specific testing you want done? I. E. "eselect news" or is this
19 a bad idea?
22 JFFNMS is one of my favorite packages, so surely I'd respond on that
23 one. Hell, I often go and find the patches and post bugs pleading to
24 get documented patches installed on my favorite package.
27 hth,
28 James