From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] linuxdoc-tools larger file does not work if using pipe
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 07:14:37
1 Hi. I have been having a problem with linuxdoc-tools while trying to
2 install brltty from git. When trying to process the manual the file
3 is truncated at about 8192 bytes and so gives an error. Now the
4 original linuxdoc is using pipes to connect the various componentsto
5 process the document which is about 63k. Now, I can process it
6 manually and get the same error, but if I use temporary files instead
7 of using pipe, then it works.
8
9 So, how can I get pipe to behave itself? I tried it on another
10 distribution and it seems to work, which would indicate something in
11 the environment, but I have no idea what. I looked at
12 /proc/sys/fs/pipe-max-size and it is 67108864.
13
14 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
17 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
18 How do
19 you spend it?
20
21 John Covici