From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The X11-trap: Once back on textconsole...and no one comes back ever...
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 16:28:28
1 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> [16-01-15 15:16]:
4 > > 160115 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
5 > > > I got a strange problem:
6 > > > From X11 I can switch to text console via CTRL-ALT-F(x).
7 > > > From the text console I can switch to other text console via ALT-F(x).
8 > > > But once touching the console, where X11 should still be running
9 > > > and which is now occupied by the deep dark unholy "nothing" ;)
10 > > > I got trapped -- no way out and a bindly keyed login
11 > > > followed by a reboot has nothing as result.
12 > >
13 > > You don't mention it, so the first suggestion is to try Ctrl-Alt-F7 .
14 > > That's what worked for me just now, when I tested it.
15 > >
16 > > --
17 > > ========================,,============================================
18 > > SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
19 > > ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
20 > > TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
24 > Hi Philip,
25 >
26 > sorry...yes...I tried that before...no chance...
27
28 I had a somewhat related problems and discovered a version of
29 nvidia-settings which seems to be obsolete. Delete that and clean up
30 any preserved-rebuilds and try again. Not sure, but its a guess on my
31 part.
35 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
36 How do
37 you spend it?
38
39 John Covici