From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Put cron mail into local maildir
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 01:00:46
1 Hey list
2
3 I've been reading up on how to receive mails from cron (in my case
4 vixie-cron). I found stuff (including in this list's archives) about
5 setting up sendmail (using m4, bleh) or postfix.
6
7 ATM I use msmtp in connection with mutt to send mail to external mail
8 providers. I “just” want cron mails delivered into a local maildir/mbox
9 so it appears in mutt. Do I really have to run an SMTP server for that?
10 Or is there some minimal tool that can be run by cron directly and which
11 just puts the mail into the local destination?
12
13 Cheers.
14 --
15 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
16 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
17
18 “Ask us no questions and we’ll tell you no lies.” – Fred Weasley