From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New AMD hardware. Still can't boot (but making progress).
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 00:08:29
1 >>> --
2 >>> Regards,
3 >>> Mick
4 >
5 > Have you tried connecting using ssh after boot?
6 > Also, do you have the EFI console support in your kernel?
7 >
8 > Not near my desktop to check which ones exactly.
9 >
10 > --
11 > Joost
14 Second this - check the kernel options for EFI but also add the NVME drives.
15
16 I failed to get grub working (rather, gave up because of the lack of
17 docs) and went with rEFIt.
18
19 BillK
20
21 MS Surface Pro 4
22
23 bunyip ~ # grep NVME /usr/src/linux/.config
24 CONFIG_NVME_CORE=y
25 CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NVME=y
26 CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NVME_SCSI=y
27 CONFIG_NVME_FABRICS=y
28 # CONFIG_NVME_FC is not set
29 CONFIG_NVME_TARGET=y
30 CONFIG_NVME_TARGET_LOOP=y
31 # CONFIG_NVME_TARGET_FC is not set
32 CONFIG_NVMEM=m
33 bunyip ~ #
36 bunyip ~ # grep EFI /usr/src/linux/.config
37 CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION=y
38 CONFIG_EFI=y
39 CONFIG_EFI_STUB=y
40 CONFIG_EFI_MIXED=y
41 CONFIG_FB_EFI=y
42 CONFIG_DMI_SCAN_MACHINE_NON_EFI_FALLBACK=y
43 # EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface) Support
44 CONFIG_EFI_VARS=y
45 CONFIG_EFI_ESRT=y
46 CONFIG_EFI_FAKE_MEMMAP=y
47 CONFIG_EFI_MAX_FAKE_MEM=8
48 CONFIG_EFI_RUNTIME_WRAPPERS=y
49 CONFIG_EFI_BOOTLOADER_CONTROL=y
50 # CONFIG_EFI_CAPSULE_LOADER is not set
51 # CONFIG_EFI_TEST is not set
52 # CONFIG_EFI_DEV_PATH_PARSER is not set
53 CONFIG_CACHEFILES=m
54 # CONFIG_CACHEFILES_DEBUG is not set
55 # CONFIG_CACHEFILES_HISTOGRAM is not set
56 CONFIG_EFIVAR_FS=y
57 CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK_EFI=y
58 # CONFIG_EFI_PGT_DUMP is not set
59 bunyip ~ #