From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local caching DNS?
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:00:03
1 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 > ======= On Wednesday 09 April 2008, you wrote: =======
4 > ...
5 >> Does not seem to matter here much, since I suspend, not turn off. But
6 >> anyway, most DNS names should be cached only few hours, half a day or
7 >> so (well, there are some that have week long timeouts, but not many).
8 >
9 > Not sure I have noticed drawbacks of using a permanent cache during few
10 > years - probably I use too stable net resources :-)
11
12 As an admin that occasionally has cause to shift traffic between coasts
13 for maintenance I hate *hate* anything that ignores my TTLs and consider
14 such software broken and bane upon our fair Internet.
15
16 kashani
17 --
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list