From: Walt Rarus <geeked.up@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help with inaccessible (trashed?) file
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 04:48:27
1 On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>wrote:
4 > In my experience, fsck consistently detects file systems corruption, and
5 > consistently fails to do anything useful about it.
8 In my case, reiserfsck --fix-fixable did the trick, i.e., detected and fixed
9 the exact problem with the directory and file.
10
11 However, it's pretty common for users to have made a separate volume for
12 > the
13 > portage tree (i.e. something mounted at /usr/portage). If so, just trash
14 > the
15 > thing, download a new-ish tarball of the tree, resync and you're back in
16 > business.
19 Hmm, something to think about should I ever restructure my setup.
20
21 Thanks to Daniel, Alex, and Alan for your helpful comments.
22
23 Walt