From: Farhan Ahmed <farhanahmed06@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 15:48:36
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Friday 05 May 2006 15:19, Farhan Ahmed wrote:
3 > (snip)
4 > >
5 > > PS: Your quote in previous message about gentoo-wiki is not true..
6 > > Although I agree that the Flags I quoted were unstable, you cannot say
7 > > gentoo-wiki cannot be trusted just because it can be edited by anyone..
8 > > If you are true then you cannot trust any Free Software because it too
9 > > can be edited.. Agreed that someone might post wrong info, but it's even
10 > > more likely that someone will recognize it and correct it.. This is the
11 > > beauty of open source..
12 >
13 > it is much easier to vandalize a wiki then software.
14 >
15 > I, you, anyone can get one or two sentences into any wiki article, that look
16 > sane, but are totally wrong. And nobody but an expert would find it.
17 >
18 > gentoowiki is nice, but you always have to turn your brain on, before doing,
19 > what is written there.
20 > The same is true for wikipedia - don't think, that everything written there is
21 > true. Blatant vandalization is easy to spot. But subtile misinformation, that
22 > is the problem. And it is a big one.
23
24 But it'll be corrected nonetheless.. :)
25
26 Farhan Ahmed
27 --
28 Place : Bangalore, Karnataka, India
29 GPG Key : 8BE90E98
30 WengoPhone ID : farhanahmed
31 IRC Nick : farhanahmed / farhanahmed06 (irc.freenode.net)