From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cross-compiling
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 07:40:50
1 On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:32:13 -0300
2 Davi <davividal@×××××××××××××.br> wrote:
3
4 > Em Qui 25 Out 2007, Iain Buchanan escreveu:
5 > > On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 17:23 +0300, Stratos Psomadakis wrote:
6 > > > O/H Michael Sullivan έγραψε:
7 > [...]
8 > > > and of course start distccd in each partitipating pc...
9 > >
10 > > but after all that, some ebuilds don't let you use distcc because it
11 > > seems to break them. So don't expect it to work for everything.
14 > # FEATURES="-distcc" emerge --ask --resume
15 >
16 > will be your friend... :-)
19 Another option is to nfs-mount the client's hard drive on the fast
20 box, bind a portage tree into the filesystem, chroot & proceed to
21 emerge.
22
23 Or you could build the whole filesystem on the server, and push changes
24 out to the client with rsync or some such thing. I don't know how to
25 use rsync for this, but I believe it's what it's for.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list