From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Epson Perfection and Gentoo
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:39:31
1 Hi all,
2
3 My family is looking to purchase a scanner. It will mostly be
4 connected to my mother's computer running Windows, so linux
5 compatibility isn't the most important criterion. However, it would
6 be nice to have the scanner working with my laptop when I go visit.
7
8 Currently we are primarily looking at Epson products, and well, on
9 Newegg, we saw that the Perfection V100 is rather cheap
10 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16838110017
11 The question is, as far as I can find out, the printers in this
12 series only uses a proprietary binary driver which luckily is in
13 portage (media-gfx/iscan). Does any one on the list own such a
14 printer and have suggestions about how well the driver functions?
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 W
19 --
20 Statistics are like a Bikini:
21 showing interesting details but hiding the important stuff.
22 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 175 days, 13:54
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list