From: cts.private@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Aw: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] AMDGPU eventually hangs my system
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 19:21:43
1 Oh, on the other hand, I just got a roccat keyboard. I wonder if its driver can be hanging the system - X seems to know it personally.
2
3 > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. August 2018 um 07:45 Uhr
4 > Von: cts.private@×××.de
5 > An: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > Betreff: Aw: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] AMDGPU eventually hangs my system
7 >
8 > One thing I forgot to mention: it's only happened so far, when I've been using my HDMI monitor. It never occurred in the 3/4 year before that, before I compiled with the AMDGPU facility.
9 >
10 > Thank you so much for your mention of the magik sysreq key and reisub. I didn't know about those. Now I have the courage to use my HDMI monitor again.
11 >
12 > > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. August 2018 um 23:22 Uhr
13 > > Von: "Daniel Salas Rodriguez" <daniel.salas@×××××××××××.com>
14 > > An: gentoo-user@l.g.o
15 > > Betreff: Re: Aw: Re: [gentoo-user] AMDGPU eventually hangs my system
16 > >
17 > > I have a similar problem with my machine. Ever since >=4.17.something
18 > > I've had the mouse and keyboard stop working in X randomly, and usually
19 > > reconnecting them fixes it, the glaring difference is my GPU is Nvidia.
20 > >
21 > > I noticed the system was not really hanging because one hang I tried
22 > > doing a magic sysrq reisub and the keyboard did not respond. Could it be
23 > > the same issue?
24 > >