From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Using Gentoo for Sound Recording
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:18:14
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Michael Crute [mailto:mcrute@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 2:59 PM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using Gentoo for Sound Recording
6 >
7 > On 3/20/06, Timothy A. Holmes <tholmes@×××××××××.net> wrote:
8 > > Sadly, it turns out that ardour does not have the one specific
9 > functionality that I
10 > > needed, but it may be useful anyway, and I would like to play with
11 it.
12 >
13 > Tim... I'm not sure that you really need the track mark feature for
14 > what you are doing. The process we are using right now is that we just
15 > try to get a good clean 2 track mix on the computer (we have HD24s
16 > recording all inputs raw for mixdown later) and then sort things out
17 > later on. If your recording setup is half as hectic as ours you will
18 > be lucky if you remember to start the computer recording, let along
19 > get track marks placed at the right time. Just a thought.
20 >
21 > -Mike
22 >
23 > --
24 > ________________________________
25 > Michael E. Crute
26 > http://mike.crute.org
27 >
28 > It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with
29 > potatoes.
30 > --Douglas Adams
31 >
32 > --
33 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
34
35 [Timothy A. Holmes]
36 Hi Mike:
37
38 I have a dedicated crew of 2 doing a separate mix down from state inputs
39 on a separate mixer so it works quite nicely for them to go ahead and
40 drop the markers.
41
42 There are times when people are missing that we will start it and let it
43 run
44
45 TIM
48 Timothy A. Holmes
49 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
50
51 Medina Christian Academy
52 A Higher Standard...
53