From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: WAS [.. min install isos] gentoo vm guest not booting
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 01:07:46
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 >>> Here's the kernel config from my 64-bit 2.6.38-gentoo-r3 VM
4 >>
5 >> Mark is that guest running in vmware or something else than Virtual Box.
6 >
7 > The guest that uses that kernel is running in Virtualbox-4.0.8.
8 >
9 > The host is a Gentoo64-bit system, 98% stable, 2% ~amd64.
10
11 Sorry about my brain deadedness, but when I click on that thing in
12 windows 7 with Virtual Box installed... nothing knows how to open it.
13
14 Trying it another way round I try importing it from a running Virtual
15 Box Manager. When I open the directory containing `base_dist.vmdk'
16 nothing is visible in the VB import dialog screen.
17
18 The file ending that vbox uses is *.vbox so trying a quick rename but
19 Vbox does not recognize the file you posted.