From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Make Konqueror use same plugins as Firefox
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 02:31:29
1 How can I make Konqueror use the same plugins as Firefox?
2
3 I've installed mplayer and that seems to have allowed Firefox to
4 display online videos in QuickTime format, but try the same link in
5 Konqueror and I get a message telling me no plugin for Quictime video
6 is found and offering to download it... of course that only leads to
7 pples site.
8
9 There is an area in the Konq setup to add plugins. That dialog shows
10 that it looks in the plugin locations for firefox anyway though so if
11 its in there then it should be found I'd think.
12
13 When clicking the video links in firefox I see a splash screen that
14 appears briefly saying something like:
15
16 mplayer Plugin, embedded video player for mozilla.
17
18 So maybe I need something else for Konqueror to be able to play these
19 QT video links?
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list