From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Incorporating openvpn in backup scheme
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:06:58
1 On Tue, June 25, 2013 09:02, Grant wrote:
2 > I have several remote systems all pushing backups to my local laptop
3 > via rdiff-backup. Sometimes when on the road I find myself behind a
4 > router and the remote systems are unable to push. Is openvpn the
5 > right solution here? Should I run a separate openvpn server on each
6 > system to be backed up with my laptop as the client?
7
8 If you can configure the router to forward the port used by the OpenVPN
9 server to your laptop, you can run the server on your laptop.
10
11 But, as is more likely, when you can not configure the router, running an
12 OpenVPN server on (at least one) remote system and having your laptop
13 connect to that, you can have the other systems push to your laptop over
14 the VPN-link.
15 Either directly (by establishing multiple VPN-links from your laptop (one
16 to each server) or via one of the remote systems.
19 Joost