From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gkrellm [Was: Something eats my memory - please help]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 08:50:51
1 Miroslav Rovis wrote:
2 > On 170410-21:00-0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 >>>> Here's another vote for gkrellm, which I have been using for more years than
4 >>>> I can easily remember. I have it permanently on display on all desktops
5 >> mee too
6 >>
7 > And installs and runs just fine in a sans-dbus system.
8 >
9 > Years ago that, to my best recollection, wasn't the case. I had to go
10 > without it when I converted my system to sans-dbus.
11 >
12 > Now I'm back to using it. The building and installing was very quick
13 > too!
14 >
15 > I found and set a smaller font size, and I'm only left with one,
16 > non-urgent, thing to do. It's slightly larger than I would want it to
17 > be. I think it was possible back a few years ago to get is to occupy
18 > less space on a desktop. Horizontally is fine, but vertically on
19 > 1024x768 screen, it occupies almost two-thirds of the height. Possible?
20 > Any tips?
21 >
22 > Regards!
25 The way I adjust the overall height on mine, I adjust the height of each
26 section. For example, I make the CPU chart(s) shorter, then then hard
27 drive(s), processes etc until I get a height I want. It takes some time
28 to tweak it and get it right but eventually, I find a sweet spot.
29
30 Another thing, at least this used to work, adjusting fonts and their
31 size. That generally affects the height some too.
32
33 I'm not aware of a way to do that as a whole with a single setting. If
34 someone knows of one, I'd be interested in it too.
35
36 Hope that helps.
37
38 Dale