From: Chris Thomas <sruchris@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bttv option in kernel?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 01:40:56
1 Select the BT848, then you'll see the driver for the BT878.
2
3 -Chris
4
5 On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:00 PM, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <king@××××××××××××.ca> wrote:
6 > Hello all i am need some help getting a video capture card working it supposedly uses the bttv driver. It shows itself in lspci like this only 4 times cause it has for chips i think.
7 >
8 > 03:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
9 > 03:0b.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)
10 >
11 > However i cannot find the bttv driver only the btcx_risc (successor) did some googling and found this post http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-696747-highlight-bttv.html
12 >
13 > My problem is similar i think but cannot seem to get it sorted could someone please kindly give me a hand? I have pasted a few bits of my .config file that i think might be relative.
14 >
15 > # CONFIG_TELCLOCK is not set
16 > CONFIG_DEVPORT=y
17 > CONFIG_I2C=y
18 > CONFIG_I2C_BOARDINFO=y
19 > CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV=y
20 >
21 > #
22 > # I2C Algorithms
23 > #
24 > CONFIG_I2C_ALGOBIT=y
25 > CONFIG_I2C_ALGOPCF=m
26 > CONFIG_I2C_ALGOPCA=m
27 >
28 > #
29 > # Multimedia devices
30 > #
31 > CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=y
32 > CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2_COMMON=y
33 > CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L1=y
34 > CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L1_COMPAT=y
35 > CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2=y
36 > CONFIG_VIDEO_CAPTURE_DRIVERS=y
37 > # CONFIG_VIDEO_ADV_DEBUG is not set
38 > CONFIG_VIDEO_HELPER_CHIPS_AUTO=y
39 > CONFIG_VIDEO_WM8775=m
40 > CONFIG_VIDEO_CX2341X=m
41 > # CONFIG_VIDEO_VIVI is not set
42 > ..snip..
43 > # CONFIG_VIDEO_HEXIUM_GEMINI is not set
44 > CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88=m
45 > CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88_BLACKBIRD=m
46 >
47 > ps here is a uname -a for good luck hehe
48 >
49 > Linux hellen 2.6.25-gentoo-r9CKV1 #5 SMP Thu Nov 20 16:25:22 MST 2008 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
50 >
51 > http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user@×××.org/msg33709.html
52 >
53 > Computer King & CaN Mail - Sales Service Hosting Backup
54 >
55 > http://www.computerking.ca http://www.canmail.org
56 >
57 > NEW!!! Custom Service Packages
58 > Secure IMAP Email - Automated Remote Backups - Photo Blogs - Online Accounting Packages