From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with Script that sends out HTML emails
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:33:31
1 On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 08:56 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > > mail -a "Content-type: text/html;" -s "Your Daily Stock Quote"
3 > you@××××××.com < filename.html
4 >
5 > I have another problem now. for some reason, the system I was
6 > developing
7 > for (FC3), the mail command does not have a "-a" option.
8 >
9 > I'm still searching for the correct mail 'version' in fc3. Anyone else
10 > has any more suggestions?
11
12 All I can say is that there are various packages that all
13 supply /bin/mail. In gentoo the package commonly used is
14 mail-client/mailx which hails from debian.org (according to portage
15 $HOMEPAGE) but the source looks for like BSD, and the copyright is to
16 the Regents of the University of California, and the license is BSD.
17
18 mail-client/nail (nail.sf.net) will do the same job, and is described as
19 "enhanced". It looks like it handles mime:
20
21 "Supports the MIME specifications. Nail can send and receive attachments
22 and code and decode international character strings. If the system
23 libraries provide appropriate support, conversion between different
24 character encodings is performed. In combination with a UTF-8 terminal,
25 nearly all international languages are supported. External converter
26 programs can be automatically invoked e. g. to view messages in HTML
27 format."
30 I would look for a nail package for FC.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list