From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 21:39:40
1 2009/3/17 Alexander Pilipovsky <alexander.pilipovsky@×××××.com>:
2 > Paul Hartman ÎÁÐÉÓÁ×(ÌÁ):
3 >
4 > On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Alexander Pilipovsky
5 > <alexander.pilipovsky@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > Paul Hartman ÎÁÐÉÓÁ×(ÌÁ):
9 >
10 > On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Alexander Pilipovsky
11 > <alexander.pilipovsky@×××××.com> wrote:
14 > Hi all!
15 > When I tried to install googlearth (or any other application now), I got
19 > re-emerge wget (and/or do revdep-revbuild)
24 > sh-3.2# re-emerge wget
25 > sh: re-emerge: command not found
26 > sh-3.2# revdep-revbuild
27 > sh: revdep-revbuild: command not found
28 >
29 > Hmm, I have not this commands...
32 > I'm sorry, I made a typo. It is revdep-rebuild. It is part of
33 > app-portage/gentoolkit and it will scan for broken dependencies and
34 > rebuild packages in order to fix them.
39 > Thank you Paul and Kirby.
40 > I get messages
41 > wget: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open
42 > shared object file: No such file or directory
43 > for any "emerge" commands :(
44 > May be I crashed libcrypto, and how to update/reload it?
45
46 The problem is that emerge tries to use "wget" to download sources.
47 Check "ls /usr/portage/distfiles/wget*" to see if you have any wget
48 sources already in your system, and emerge that specific version
49 ("emerge =wget-1.2.3" where 1.2.3 is the version). That way it won't
50 have to download anything first. If you don't have wget sources, you
51 may need to find another way to get them. Maybe use wget from busybox,
52 or any other internet tool that still works in order to download the
53 required files. I can email it to you if you need.
54
55 Also, if your libcrypto is broken, you might need to set USE="-ssl"
56 for wget, rebuild wget, then you should be able to emerge everything
57 else without problems. I think libcrypto comes from the openssl
58 package.