From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why multiple versions of java-config, automake, and autoconf?
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 15:05:15
1 On 6/9/07, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 6/9/07, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > In the case of autoconf, im personally glad it all hides under one
5 > > non-linear space-time-continumum on my harddrive ;) . The thought of
6 > > them all being in seperate ebuild names would drive me nutty ( folder
7 > > with 10 different package names for the same thing = wtf? )
10 > Just replying to myself here.
11 >
12 > ] sys-devel/automake
13 > Available versions:
14 > (1.4) 1.4_p6
15 > (1.5) 1.5
16 > (1.6) 1.6.3
17 > (1.7) 1.7.9-r1
18 > (1.8) 1.8.5-r3
19 > (1.9) 1.9.6-r2
20 > (1.10) 1.10
21 >
22 > screw making a seperate package for each of those.
23 > Screw being the poor bastard who parsed the package names from the
24 > ebuild titles to make it work :S
27 Oh yeah, bags not doing linux-gazette or app-doc/phrack
28 Some of us have lives to get on with :P
33 Kent
34 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
35 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list