From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags handling
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:05:41
1 On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 09:34:04PM +0430, behrouz khosravi wrote:
2 > Hello everyone.
3 > […]
4 > Now I am thinking about managing USE flags.
5 > […]
6 > I am not trying to have severe control, I just want to expand my knowledge!
7 > thanks.
8
9 In such cases I tend to suggest installing ufed. 'tis a UI for setting use
10 flags. Not only does it show you the description of every flag and whether
11 it's local (used by only one or a few programs). It also shows you if it is
12 enabled (+ sign), disabled (- sign) or not touched (empty) and whether that
13 setting comes from the profile (parens) or your own setup (brackets).
14 --
15 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
16 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
17
18 “If my wife doesn’t hear it, am I still wrong?” – Philosoraptor