From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Best video player
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:48:59
1 On Wednesday 16 November 2005 16:51, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:14:18 +0100, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > > mplayer also allows you to redefine all of these in its config file.
4 > > > You don't have to worry about it being intuitive when you get to
5 > > > choose the key bindings.
6 > >
7 > > but xine does it right without the need of editing the conf, so in my
8 > > humble opinion, xine is better - I am lazy ;)
9 >
10 > No, you just used xine first, so its controls appeared more "intuitive"
11 > to you. If you'd got used to mplayer's controls first, you'd have the
12 > same complaint about xine.
13 >
14 > Very little about computer user interfaces is truly intuitive, it's just
15 > a matter of what you are used to.
16
17 I have tried it - and the mplayer controlls suck. {} makes the film, slower,
18 faster, but not +/- 100% like xine, one klick, one doubling. No, it does +/-
19 some percent, and if you hold the key for the tenth of a second to long,
20 you'll never find back to normal speed.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list