From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from Lastpass to Bitwarden
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 12:51:12
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 06:15:52 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I suspect the reason you didn't get the notice, it won't affect you
5 >> since you are already a paying user.  While they may get some users to
6 >> pay with this new setup, I bet they lose a lot more than they gain, user
7 >> wise.
8 > Maybe, but many people haven't heard of Bitwarden and will think they
9 > have no option but to pay.
10 >
11 > I was never keen on the idea of giving all my passwords to someoelse,
12 > even if they say they can't access them. I've been using Bitwarden for
13 > about a year, I used KeePassX before then and am really happy with it.
18 I simply googled for 'alternatives to Lastpass' and Bitwarden was one of
19 a few that came up.  Several links were articles comparing the two.  If
20 a person doesn't like what Lastpass is doing, it won't take much to find
21 other password managers.  They may pick something besides Bitwarden but
22 still, they have the option of switching.
23
24 I logged into my credit card on my cell phone, about the only thing I
25 use on my cell phone anyway, it worked OK once I figured out how to get
26 it to fill the info in.  I might add, Lastpass has issues with that site
27 as well.  If I didn't know better, I'd think the website tries to
28 prevent people from using a password manager.  In a way, it is sort of
29 stupid to do that since people reused passwords a lot before password
30 managers came along.  Heck, even I used the same password for financial
31 type sites for a long time.  Once I started using Lastpass, I used
32 different passwords and even different lengths of passwords based on the
33 site.  It's a lot more secure as long as the master password is a good
34 one.  I had a really simple password for some sites that a hacker would
35 most likely die from laughter than anything else if they wanted to hack
36 it.  LOL
37
38 Good to know others like Bitwarden tho.  That helps.  <thumbs up>
39
40 Dale
41