From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ffmpeg video+audio capture question
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 03:55:50
1 On 2019-09-23 16:22, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > There appear to be "media-sound/jack" and "media-sound/jack2" ebuilds.
4 > Both of them are tagged "~amd64". There's also
5 > media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit Which one(s) do I use?
6
7 It's the last one, I'm pretty sure.
8
9 > Youtube is a bad example to use. There are various other HTML5
10 > streaming websites, which don't work with youtube-dl. Plus I also want
11 > to be able to record video games and any other desktop app in general.
12 > What I want is to "tee" the audio output so that I can record while
13 > monitoring it.
14
15 Long ago, I digitized my vinyl and audio tape collection this way, with
16 the input coming over good old analog audio cable. I did it with pure
17 ALSA, no jack was needed. I _think_ there was a knob either in
18 alsamixer or in arecord to do the "tee", but I don't really remember.
21 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
22 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
23 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
24 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.