From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: OT: Merchant bankers (Was: [gentoo-user] Any big gotcha's when update from several (5) mnths
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:33:44
1 On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 5:00 AM, Arttu V. <arttuv69@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 9/17/11, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 9/11/2011 the S&P 500 was within about .1% of where
4 >> it was on 9/10/2001. The 'Lost Decade'...
5 >
6 > You lucky and prosperous bastards! Take a look at some major European
7 > indexes over the same time span. DAX for example. :D
8 >
9 > --
10 > Arttu V.
14 Probably need to factor the decline of the dollar vs the Euro into
15 that analysis.
16
17 For folks living inside the Euro fishbowl, their indexes have been
18 weak because worldwide the economy is weak, but their ability to buy
19 dollar based products, such as the U.S. markets, has become strong
20 because the Euro has been relatively strong compared to the dollar.
21
22 For folks living inside the dollar fishbowl our indexes have remained
23 strong at least partially because people from other countries are
24 buying our shares. However our ability to buy from other countries has
25 dropped due to the weakness of the dollar.
26
27 May we live in interesting times....
28
29 - Mark