From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice-bin spell checking?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 04:04:01
1 Hi,
2 I emerged eselect-oodict and it acts like it's doing something but
3 still I don't see any dictionaries in
4
5 Tools->Options->Language Settings->Writing Aids
6
7 Under Languages I have selected English (USA)
8
9 Is there something else I have to turn on to get spell checking
10 working for my wife? I do not see the entry this person has in the
11 upper box. Why not? I seem to have hunspell installed and it says it's
12 a replacement for myspell. Does it work? What's the special trick?
13
14 Thanks,
15 Mark
18 dragonfly ~ # eselect oodict show
19 OpenOffice.org configured dictionaries
20 [1] myspell
21 Configured language codes from /usr/share/myspell:
22 en
23 dragonfly ~ # eselect oodict unset myspell-en
24 dragonfly ~ # eselect oodict show
25 OpenOffice.org configured dictionaries
26 (none)
27 dragonfly ~ # eselect oodict set myspell-en
28 dragonfly ~ # eselect oodict show
29 OpenOffice.org configured dictionaries
30 [1] myspell
31 Configured language codes from /usr/share/myspell:
32 en
33 dragonfly ~ #
34
35 dragonfly ~ # eix -Ic spell
36 [I] app-dicts/aspell-en (6.0.0@08/10/2007): English (US, British,
37 Canadian) language dictionary for aspell
38 [I] app-dicts/myspell-en (20081002@02/24/2009): English dictionaries
39 for myspell/hunspell
40 [I] app-text/aspell (0.60.5@08/27/2007): A spell checker replacement for ispell
41 [I] app-text/gnome-spell (1.0.8(1)@07/27/2008): Gnome spellchecking component
42 [I] app-text/hunspell (1.2.8@01/28/2009): Hunspell spell checker - an
43 improved replacement for myspell in OOo.
44 Found 5 matches.
45 dragonfly ~ #