From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dovecot problem
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:09:56
1 On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:36:13 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > > What version of dovecot were you running before. There was a config
4 > > file format change a while ago (on ~x86, I don't know when it affected
5 > > stable). The source of the error looks familiar, did you update the
6 > > config file after emerging the new version?
7 >
8 > I guess I was using version 0.99.13 because I emerged that version of
9 > dovecot and everything works fine now. When I emerged v0.99.14-r1 and
10 > told it to go ahead and replace /etc/dovecot.conf since I hadn't altered
11 > the previous version. In what way was I supposed to alter the config
12 > file?
13
14 Looking at the versions of dovecot available, that may not be the issue.
15 I see that I am running 1.0_alpha2 and have been since September, I had
16 0.99.14-r1 for the previous six months, so the config change was for
17 1.0_alpha.
18
19 Sorry your problem must be elsewhere, but I'd start by looking at the
20 pop3-login section of /etc/dovecot.conf.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Only an idiot actually READS taglines.