From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to determine which mobo without opening case
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 01:26:02
1 On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:10:41 -0600
2 Harry Putnam wrote:
3
4 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
5 >
6 > > On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:37:49 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> How can I determine the motherboard make and model? I mean without
9 > >> opening the case.
10 > >
11 > > sys-apps/lshw
12 >
13 > Good call Neil, I found that tool shortly after posting. It gives as
14 > good as dmidecode, at least in my case.
17 hwinfo and lspci provide similar info to lshw. They can be found in
18 sys-apps/hwinfo and sys-apps/pciutil.
19
20 For grins, whenever I restart my computer I run hwinfo, lshw, lspci,
21 and a variety of other utilities and save the results.
22
23 That way, when next something goes wrong, I'll have a record of when
24 things went right and will (hopefully) be able to recover.