From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bluez 5 not connecting
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 18:33:47
1 On Thursday 24 Apr 2014 02:11:57 William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > I was able to get it working manually - gentoo's init scripts are out of
4 > date with bluez 5, blutoothctl is broken (or probably just poorly
5 > documented which equates to the same thing if the command doesn't work) .
6 >
7 > In bluetoothctl:
8 > power on
9 > scan on
10 > agent on
11 > default-agent
12 > pair <dev_id>
13 > trust <dev_id>
14 > exit
15 >
16 > In a shell:
17 > rfcomm bind rfcomm0 <dev_id>
18 >
19 > do serial port stuff with /dev/rfcomm0
20 >
21 > rfcomm unbind rfcomm0
22 >
23 > bluetoothctl connect command does not work - connects and immediately
24 > disconnects with an error
25 > gentoo's rfcomm initscript has removed the -f flag which bluez 5 does
26 > not have, but it also looks like the bind all in the 5.17 ebuild is also
27 > not supported by late bluez5 so it immediately exits and no rfcomm
28 > device is created.
29 >
30 > Ive adapted my python script to the changes now - but the pairing does
31 > not survive restarting bluetooth so I'll need an expect script to set it
32 > up each bluetooth re-init as it looks like there are no scripting hooks
33 > in bluetoothctl.
34 >
35 > BillK
36
37 Thanks BillK, your suggestions above helped somewhat, because I was able to
38 connect with my phone, but it didn't get me far enough. I was not able to
39 connect with rfcomm to my mobile. When I ran 'pon <connection_name>' pppd
40 started, but I got errors like:
41
42 Apr 26 18:15:12 dell_xps chat[29579]: -- write failed: Transport endpoint is
43 not connected
44 Apr 26 18:15:12 dell_xps chat[29579]: Failed
47 This was despite the fact that I had created manually the rfcomm0 device and
48 binded it to the bdaddr of my phone as you suggested.
49
50 Googling for this error revealed that this is because the rfcomm code has
51 changed - but there is a patch which may fix things:
52
53 http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.kernel/42303
56 I ran out of time and did not try 'rfcomm connect' instead of 'rfcomm bind' to
57 see if it makes a difference in my case.
58
59 FYI, I'm on net-wireless/bluez-5.15 and kernel 3.12.13-gentoo.
60 --
61 Regards,
62 Mick