From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] core i5
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:08:31
1 Am 23.06.2010 00:27, schrieb Bill Longman:
2
3 > - core i7 @ 1.6GHz gives me eight threads. The RAM is really fast, too,
4 > so the overall system is very responsive. Great power savings stuff.
5
6 quite a plus with the box running for >10 hrs a day at least ...
7
8 > - Haven't tried kvm but would probably work fine.
9
10 I think so. Also the cpu-pinning ... I assume I could then assign one or
11 more of the 8 (virtual) CPUs to a specific VM ... nice ...
12
13 > - From /proc/cpuinfo:
14 > address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
15 >
16 > That's only 8GB physical, but that's probably a reasonable limit at
17 > the moment.
18
19 I think I could live with this. 8 GB now are more than I currently ever
20 need.
21
22 thx, Stefan