From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:58:17
1 Hi,
2
3 Has anyone else had any hard lock ups in KDE? I'm on kde 4.6.4 which
4 was released about a month ago. For those not in the know, I'm on amd64
5 and use kde-meta so it is has the kitchen sink installed here.
6
7 What mine does: It sort of varies but usually when I login, it may last
8 a couple minutes, usually less, then the Caps Lock and Scroll Lock LED's
9 blink. The Num Lock key is off if that means anything. I tried the
10 SysReq keys but it doesn't do anything at all. According to the
11 messages at the next boot, it doesn't sync or umount either. The mouse
12 pointer no longer moves either. At this point, I hit the reset button
13 which causes steam to come out my ears. I HATE using that button.
14
15 I'm fairly sure this is not hardware. Right now, I am in Fluxbox and it
16 works fine. I also booted to single user and compiled a bunch of stuff
17 and also tried a different kernel too. I think if it was hardware, it
18 would have had some kind of hick-up during the compile. I did check
19 temps and all is nice and cool, very cool since my A/C is on full
20 blast. I think the oven is outside on full blast instead of in the
21 kitchen. lol It's HOT here, steamy hot.
22
23 I checked messages and the only thing I saw was about a bad option for
24 hp-systray. Surely that wouldn't cause a crash? I'm going to unmerge
25 and test it tho, just to be sure.
26
27 Anyone run into something like this? Ideas?
28
29 Thanks much.
30
31 Dale