From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Zeerak Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Understanding sets
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:27:50
1 On 1/5/2010 12:53 PM, Zeerak Waseem wrote:
2
3 > Ah well, having the sets in the wrong place would give me an error.
4 > And regarding portage version, weren't sets included in v. 2.x.x? My
5 > portage version is 2.1.7.16, anything above seems to be hardmasked...
6
7 No, sets appear starting in portage v2.2. And yes, the whole 2.2 series
8 is hard-masked. The stated reason is so that the 2.1 test versions will
9 actually get some testing.
10
11 Opinions over precisely how silly it is to test old, being-obsoleted
12 versions in deference to new, enhanced versions vary and can be found in
13 the list archives.
14
15 Most unstable users have probably unmasked sys-apps/portage long ago and
16 moved into the future.
17
18 --Mike