From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virt-manager qemu problem
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 23:39:48
1 On Saturday, 17 November 2018 10:55:21 GMT jdm wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am trying to run virt-manager and or qemu with 3d acceleration using
5 > virtio-gpu options.
6 >
7 > When I start the virtual machine in virt-manager all I get is a screen
8 > of static (complete screen corruption of lines and blocks)
9 >
10 > I also get the same problem when trying to start from CLI with the
11 > following
12 >
13 > /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 \
14 > -enable-kvm \
15 > -cpu host \
16 > -smp 8 \
17 > -m 4G \
18 > -net nic,macaddr=52:54:00:12:34:56 -net user \
19 > -soundhw es1370 \
20 > -usb -device usb-tablet \
21 > -show-cursor \
22 > -vga virtio \
23 > -display gtk,gl=on \
24 > -drive file=arch.img,if=virtio &
25 >
26 > This used to work fine but has recently gone wrong. I have tried
27 > several guests all with the same results of corrupted screens.
28 >
29 > I can start machines with normal qxl options and all is fine so
30 > think this is just an issue with virtio 3d acceleration.
31 >
32 > Any ideas?
33 >
34 > Thanks
35 >
36 > John
37
38 All I can think is this should be related to the host GPU and any recent
39 update to its drivers. On an old Radeon here I have not noticed any problems
40 running:
41
42 -display gtk,gl=on
43