From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Masking udev to postpone the update
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 22:55:36
1 On 03/18/2012 03:22 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am Sonntag, 18. März 2012, 13:14:48 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
3 >> I will update to the new world order, but would very much prefer to
4 >> postpone that for a few weeks. Is it enough to put
5 >>
6 >>> sys-fs/udev-171-r5
7 >>
8 >> in /etc/portage/package.mask ?
9 >
10 > I have masked 171 and everything above for a while now. So far nothing bad
11 > happened.
12
13 Wait, didn't you recently say that you don't see any reason to
14 keep / and /usr separate any longer? Why not combine them and
15 let udev update as the devs recommend? Did I misunderstand you?