From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange flashplayer behavior recently
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:25:06
1 I'm always getting email with links to youtube and various
2 other flash-intensive websites, and just a few days ago the
3 flash content stopped loading in firefox when I click on the
4 URL in thunderbird.
5
6 For example, the youtube web page opens normally and all the
7 various icons come up, but the video window just stays black
8 instead of playing the video.
9
10 If I then use the same firefox session to visit other websites,
11 their flash content doesn't load either.
12
13 Here is the really weird part: if a firefox window is *already*
14 open when I click the URL in thunderbird, all the flash stuff
15 comes up normally in the existing firefox window :-/
16
17 Using ps to examine the firefox process shows the URL to be
18 exactly the same as if I start firefox from a command prompt,
19 so thunderbird isn't corrupting the URL that it passes to
20 firefox.
21
22 As I said, this problem started just recently, after working
23 correctly for years.
24
25 I'm stumped. Any thoughts?