From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NeoMutt and GnuPG
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 09:28:31
1 On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 20:50:13 +1300
2 "Roger J. H. Welsh" <rjhwelsh@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 05:17:45AM +0100 , Floyd Anderson wrote:
4 >
5 >> > On my neomutt, when I press "v" to view attachments, all I can
6 >> > see is text/plain. I think my neomutt does something automatic to
7 >> > decrypt the messages.
8 >> >
9 >>
10 >> Indeed, viewing attachments encrypted would break many functions otherwise,
11 >> e.g. piping, printing, saving.
12 >So Lucas's original problem sounds like an issue with this, I can only
13 >imagine it is some sort of lack of pgp support.
14
15 Honestly, I did not comprehended Luca’s issue and therefore have no clue
16 for the reason. Perhaps something with mixed and interfering USE-flags.
17 IIRC, his prior Mutt installation works after some hiccups.
18
19 >> > My source docs I used when setting my gpg up with mutt were:
20 >> > https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/wikis/MuttGuide/UseGPG
21 >> > http://codesorcery.net/old/mutt/mutt-gnupg-howto
22 >> >
23 >>
24 >> In the meantime NeoMutt != Mutt, so not to forget to mention
25 >> <https://www.neomutt.org/guide/>. ;-)
26 >Lol. Of course. I read that for my current setup. Though I never really
27 >got to grips with what gpgme was, as I was more concerned with
28 >bootstrapping a working (neo)mutt configuration, which is why I source
29 >my : "14 ! long and cryptic command lines".
30
31 Similar here, for a long time I plan to fully switch my setup away from
32 widely spread (more or less) static config files, to a more dynamic one
33 using Lua. But it works fine and that is murder for the motivation.
34
35 >Thanks for the critique Floyd.
36 >
37 You’re welcome.