From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Does systemd work with mdadm?
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 00:16:22
1 OK,
2
3 I decided I'm going to try systemd to see what all the hubbub is about.
4 I know there are people on here that use it so I'm hoping someone's can
5 alleviate my concerns on it with mdadm.
6
7 I use an IMSM container (Intel fakeraid) as I dual boot with Windows.
8 This has happily worked for some time now.
9
10 I've googled around and it seems there could be a bug using mdadm and
11 lvm at the same time, but that's not what I'm doing. Considering when I
12 first set up this dual boot there was some configuration involved, I
13 don't believe I can just install it and pray it works as I've read if
14 systemd goes sideways you can't even log in.
15
16 Are there people running systemd and mdadm together that can comment? I
17 think I'm going to try anyway, and I have a suspicion that systemd is
18 going to bomb the first time it boots.
19
20 Dan