From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cross system dependencies
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:37:44
1 Hi all,
2
3 This is something I have been looking for for a while now, but not found
4 anything easily usable yet.
5
6 I need a way to add dependencies to services which are provided by different
7 servers. For instance, my mail server uses DNS to locate my LDAP server which
8 contains the mail aliases. All these are running on different machines.
9 Currently, I manually ensure these are all started in the correct sequence, I
10 would like to automate this to the point where I can start all 3 servers at
11 the same time and have the different services wait for the dependency services
12 to be available even though they are on different systems.
13
14 All the dependency systems in the init-systems I could find are all based on
15 dependencies on the same server. Does anyone know of something that can
16 already provide this type of dependencies? Or do I need to write something
17 myself?
18 I have been unable to locate anything via Google, but I might be using the
19 wrong search words.
20
21 Many thanks,
22