From: doki_pen@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xdm doesn't restart on killed X
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:17:48
1 In gmane.linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 10 November 2009 17:54:48 Doki Pen wrote:
3 >> I've recently switched from gdm to xdm in an effort to reduce my distro
4 >> size. The only problem I've run into is that when I kill my X session,
5 >> xdm doesn't restart automatically. I have to switch to a vtty and type
6 >> exec sudo /etc/init.d/xdm restart. I've read the man pages and googled
7 >> but can't come up with a solution. Does anyone know if there is a way
8 >> to fix this issue?
11 > When X exists, is xdm still running or has it died too?
12 >
13 > You can tell when restarting xdm if it gives errors about xdm not running when
14 > the "stop" phase of "restart"" is run
17 xdm is not running after I kill my xsession. It is running after I log
18 in. I tested using ps -Af | grep -i xdm.