From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Emerge
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 03:34:12
1 Emerge won't update a single goddammned package on my system.
4 My number theory code finished a segment of work, (after a month), and
5 it's time to reboot the system to propagate updates to nvidia drivers
6 and such, uptime = 81 days.
7
8 I thought the hell emerge put me through last time would cover me for
9 the next six months... =(
12 Emerge seems to want to pretend it is possible to update packages
13 without breaking anything. It's not. That's why there's revdep-rebuild.
14 It is causing much much much more grief by refusing to do it's goddamned
15 motherfucking job than it would be by giving revdep-rebulid a chance to
16 do it's job.
19 IQ is a measure of how stupid you feel.
20
21 Powers are not rights.