From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenGL problem after xorg upgrade
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:54:05
1 On 7/2/06, Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I upgraded to the modular xorg last night. I thought all was well till
5 > I noticed something today. First I noticed that when the screen saver
6 > comes on that it takes up 100% of my CPU. Thing is, the screen saver
7 > doesn't work anymore. I remerged all the nvidia stuff, kernel, glx, and
8 > settings, then logged out of KDE and stopped xdm. Then I unloaded the
9 > nvidia module and ran modules-update and reloaded nvidia. After that I
10 > restarted xdm. I get the nvidia white screen when it starts X so nvidia
11 > is working but all the screen savers that use OpenGL do not work. I
12 > check this by right clicking the desktop and then selecting configure
13 > desktop and clicking screensaver. The others work though. It don't
14 > even work in the preview.
15
16 Did you try "eselect opengl nvidia"?
17