From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Uploading ebuilds
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:02:31
1 On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 00:39:42 +0200
2 Rafael Fernández López <info@××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > I've created an ebuild for tkgate (http://www.tkgate.org). It is very
10 > frustrating because I cannot see how to upload it or whatever. I'm not a
11 > developer user in CVS so I cannot upload. If I fill in a bug for
12 > uploading ebuilds (is the right way) I've created a patch file, so what
13 > I've to do !!! THE EBUILD IS DONE !!! WHY CANNOT GENTOO USERS BENEFIT
14 > FROM IT ??
17 Stop shouting.
18
19 bugs.gentoo.org is the place to submit it. Submit the ebuild and any supoprt files you need (like the patch file).
20
21 The devs are overworked volunteers. You cannot guarantee that it will pass muster anytime soon. So post it on a web site, post a link here, gentoo forums, get it tested, keep referring people to your bug post so that people can try it and post their comments.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list