From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Netvanta router will not read Gentoo MAC address
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 15:58:12
1 On Saturday 17 November 2007, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Saturday 17 November 2007, Mick wrote:
3
4 > > What can I change to get this going?
5 >
6 > Did you try the "-I" option to dhcpcd? (man dhcpcd)
7 > Set it to your mac address and add the option in the "dhcpcd_eth0 = ..."
8 > line in /etc/conf.d/net.
9 >
10 > If nothing else works, you can try using dhclient or pump (or changing
11 > dhcp server!).
12
13 Thanks guys, unless I am doing something wrong I cannot get the -I option to
14 work meaningfully. How exactly am I supposed to specify the MAC address?
15
16 I tried XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, I tried without ":" and also with lower case
17 characters. The router picks up a different string but not the intended MAC
18 address.
19
20 I finally tried vram (whatever this might mean?!) and it now works.
21
22 Thanks for your help. Any one know what vram actually does?
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick