From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to do with /var/run?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 11:50:12
1 On Feb 10, 2013 3:29 AM, "Florian Philipp" <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Am 10.02.2013 06:11, schrieb Grant:
4 > > I received the following ELOG message after an emerge:
5 > >
6 > > * One or more symlinks to directories have been preserved in order to
7 > > * ensure that files installed via these symlinks remain accessible.
8 This
9 > > * indicates that the mentioned symlink(s) may be obsolete remnants of
10 an
11 > > * old install, and it may be appropriate to replace a given symlink
12 with
13 > > * the directory that it points to.
14 > > *
15 > > * /var/run
16 > >
17 > > Should I change anything?
18 > >
19 > > - Grant
22 > If my understanding of the situation is correct, we see this message
23 > whenever a package is updated that in the old version installed to
24 > /var/run and now has migrated to /run.
25 >
26 > Even if I'm wrong, there is nothing to be done. /var/run is intended to
27 > be a symlink to /run. If it is, then all is fine.
28 >
29 > Regards,
30 > Florian Philipp
34 Except we'll be seeing that elog to the end of time
35
36 "lsof -n |grep /var/run" will tell you what, if anything running, is using
37 that symlink.